ACTION ALERT: Tell Gov. Cuomo to #bFair2DirectCare
Governor Cuomo’s Executive Budget proposal fails
to include the funding necessary to give
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) a fair, living wage.
Encourage Governor Cuomo to correct this omission and add
the #bFair2DirectCare living wage funding in his budget proposal!
CALL 518-474-8390 and SAY:
– I am a [DSP, Parent, Self Advocate, etc.]
and a supporter of #bFair2DirectCare.
– The developmental disabilities community is in a crisis.
– Right now, Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) across
New York State are making just above minimum wage and
can barely make ends meet, despite the difficult and vital work.
– These low wages for DSPs have lead to high vacancy
and turnover rates, leaving a devastating impact on
the individuals and families DSPs support.
– This impacts/ concerns me because [Insert reason
why #bFair2DirectCare is important to you.]
– Please add the #bFair2DirectCare living wage
funding DSPs deserve to your budget proposal.
POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
– Share with the Governor why #bFair2DirectCare
funding for DSP is need and why it’s important to you!
– Tag @nygovcuomo in tweets and
@GovernorAndrewCuomo in Facebook posts.
– Use #bFair2DirectCare in all posts!
– Sample tweet: Low wages for DSPs have a devastating
impact on families like mine! @nygovcuomo please add
#bFair2DirectCare living wage funding DSPs deserve
to your budget proposal!